Difficulty level: Easy/Medium, Members Only
Reward: 2 quest points and fixed 735 ranged experience, 262 fletching
experience, 1470 cooking experience, Ogre bow and ability to make Ogre arrows
Required skills: 5 Fletching, 30 cooking, 30 Ranging, must be able to
kill level 64 Wolves
Items needed: a chisel, a hatchet, a knife, 80-100 feathers, 4-5 wolf
bones (can be obtained during the quest), armor and weapons to kill a level 64
Start location: South-East of Ogre city Gu'Tanoh, which is South of Yanille
1. Talk to Rantz the Ogre who is southeast of Ogre Village (Gu'Tanoh). He will tell you to make some ogre arrows ''stabbers'' which are arrows
made of an Achey Tree for shafts and Wolves bones for tips. They need normal feathers.
2. First you will need your axe to cut down the Achey Trees (just near you.) You will need about 10 logs to do the quest.
Then take your knife and cut the logs like normal arrows. You will make 3-6
shafts out of one log. Then, add your feathers to the arrow shafts you made from the Achey logs.
You'll use 4 feathers per one shaft.
3. You need to make special arrow tips. You have to kill level 64 wolves, they are just west of where you find Rantz.
Kill a wolf and pick up Wolf bones. You will need 3 - 6 wolves to be able to make enough arrows.
Use your Chisel with the bones to make some arrow tips out of the bones (you need at least 12 - 15
tips and you make 3-6 tips out of one bones set.) Add your arrow tips to the arrow shafts that you previously placed feathers on.
When you have made the arrows, go talk to Rantz. He will take 6 arrows off you.
4. Now you will need to bait the Chompy Bird. Go to the cave that is a bit north of Rantz.
Go in and talk to the 2 ogres (Fycie and Bugs) in there, they are his sons. When you finish talking to them, go
unlock and search the Chest in the north west of the cave. You will get an Ogre
5. Go to the swamp just west of Rantz, there are some bubbles coming out of the
swamp. Use the bellows with the bubbles and you will fill the bellows with gas. Now use the bellows with the Swamp toads around the
area. The toad will fill with gas and grow big and then the toad will automatically get placed in your inventory. You will need 3 toads full of gas. (You can't get more than 3 at a
6. When you got the fatty toads, go to Rantz and he will tell you to drop the toads with gas south of him, an arrow will appear that points to the Chompy Hunting Grounds south of Rantz, drop the toads in the area where he showed you.
When you have dropped the toads go back to Rantz and he will shoot at the birds but he wont hit it and blame it on your
arrows. Tell him you want to try it, if you ask him enough times you will get a ogre bow.
7. Now if you didn't make extra arrows above, you will need more arrows so do the steps above again to make at least 5 arrows.
Get 3 more Toads as per above and drop them the same place as Rantz told you before. Walk away a few feet to allow the birds to get at the toads. The Chompy will fly down near the toads you placed
there. Shoot it, when it dies go pluck it.
8. When you have plucked the Chompy, there will be raw Chompy Bird on the ground with some bones and some feathers, grab the feathers if you wish to make more arrows, and then take the raw Chompy Bird to Rantz.
Rantz will tell you that you have to cook the bird for him and he will also tell you how he wants it cooked or what he wants on the cooked Chompy bird and tells you to go ask his sons too for
their food orders, note the food items you need. The sons are still in the cave north of Rantz. The items needed varies each time between these food items: cabbage, tomato, potato, onion, equa leaves, or doogle leaves.
The food items can be found around the Ogre city area and around the area where Rantz is:
The Onions and Tomatoes are just west of the swamp with the toads.
The Cabbage is in various locations including just north of the swamps with the toads, and around the equa leaves.
The Doogle leaves are west of the onions.
The potatoes and aqua leaves are found at the shore south then east of Rantz. The
potatoes are very hard to find and only spawns rarely in this area.
9. When you got the required ingredients, go north of Rantz and south of the
cave there is a special Fire. Use the Raw Chompy bird on the fire and it will cook the bird with the ingredients.
When you have cooked the bird, go to Rantz and talk to him for the last time.
The quest is done.
Source: RSDemon Online,